Upcoming Van Trip
Please note trip reservation and travel protocols below.
Northwest Flower & Garden Festival
Wednesday, February 15th (Van departs the center at 10:00am.)
This all things growing and green show has attractions for everyone, a marketplace, seminars, and a world-renowned experience of garden design—garden creators from around the Pacific Northwest plant stunning display gardens—works of art, constructed in under 72 hours right on the show floor.
(Cost of the trip includes the event ticket and transportation.)
Lunch at Kona Kitchen
Thursday, March 2nd (Van leaves the center at 11:30am.)
Take a trip across town to Maple Leaf for lunch at this iconic favorite. Expect an eclectic array of Hawaiian and Japanese dishes—and very generous portions. If weather permits we will follow lunch with a stroll around Maple Leaf Reservoir Park
(Cost of lunch not included.)
Thursday, March 9th (Van leaves the center at 9:30am.)
Marine Mammals, Tropical Fishes, an Underwater Dome to be able to surround one’s self in Puget Sound Sealife…the aquarium has it all! After all of the ocean adventures we will head to lunch. (Lunch location to be decided.)
(Price includes aquarium admission and transportation.)
Quilters Anonymous: Cascade of Quilts 41st Quilt Show & Lunch in Maltby
Friday, March 17th (Van leaves the center at 9:30am.)
The largest in quilt show in Western Washington, drawing more than 2,000 visitors from across the United States and Canada to the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, WA. The show typically has more than 500 quilts in categories ranging from traditional styles to art quilts and other innovative designs.
(Price includes event ticket and transportation, cost of lunch is not included.)
Registering for Center Van Trips
- Space is limited, register in advance by stopping by the upstairs reception desk, or phoning 206.297.0403.
- Current BNWSC Members have priority on center trips—and receive members-only discounted pricing.
- Non-members may request to be placed on a waiting list. If there is space they will be contacted and are welcome to to join a trip.
- A non-refundable deposit of $10 is to be placed when registering for a trip. Should it be necessary to cancel the reservation the deposit is refundable if there is someone else to fill the empty slot. Refunds will be issued after the trip takes place.
- Participants must be able to enter and exit the van safely on their own or bring a caregiver along to assist.