Trips and Recreation
Not Available during COVID Restrictions
At this time the Center is only able to accommodate a limited number of activities which do not include trips. We look forward to resuming these when COVID restrictions can be lifted.
The information below refers to earlier times.
Trip Sign-up and Payment Policy
- Sign up for trips at the 2nd Floor Reception Desk.
- When you sign up for a trip you must pay a $5 non-refundable trip fee. If the trip is $5 or less than $5, then you just pay that.
- Final payment is due one week prior to the trip. Final payment is the cost of the trip less the $5 deposit. If final payment is not made, you forfeit your seat and deposit.
- If you cancel your reservation less than one week before the trip is to depart, you forfeit your entire payment unless we can fill your space or you are canceling for certified illness.
- If the trip is canceled, deposits and payments will be refunded.
- Deposits, payments, and refunds are not exchangeable or interchangeable. Refunds are prepared after the trip date.
The Center offers a wide variety of diverse and interesting trips to nearby points of interest. The trip sign-up and payment policy is listed after the trip offerings. For all center trips carpooling is not allowed. This policy deals with safety, insurance, training, and more. Thank you and please enjoy our numerous trips. Walking Guide: High (H), Medium (M), Low (L)
UW PLANETARIUM (Date yet to be determined)
Van leaves at 10AM $5 Member / $10 Non Member
The 30 foot diameter dome of the UW planetarium provides a
unique space to explore the night sky. The dome has an 8-
million pixel digital display. When combined with the WorldWide telescope interface, this allows for a truly interactive and immersive planetarium experience. Free show is at 11AM bring
money for lunch after.
DINE OUT AT ARNIES (Date yet to be determined)
Van leaves at 3PM $5 Members / $10 Non Member
Northwest Favorites at Arnies! Enjoy sweeping panoramic
views of snow covered Olympic Mountains and the beautiful
Puget Sound. With 25 years of delivering genuine service and
delicious dishes you will enjoy this night out. Bring money for
food and beverages. Early dinner special from 4PM-6PM.
ANGEL OF THE WINDS (Date yet to be determined)
Van Leaves at 8:45 AM $10 Members / $20 Non
Experience Vegas-style fun at Angel of the Winds Casino in
Arlington, WA. Enjoy gaming, dining, and live music. Bring
some gambling money, and extra money for food and drinks
and shows. Good luck.